AT the foot
of the Mahendragiri hills on the western ghats and
on the banks of the river Nambiyaru lies the large
and prosperous village of Tirukkrungudi. In the Varaha
Purana the Lord speaks of His sojourn in this
holy village. Thus this place derives its name Kurungudi
the smaller abode of Narayana.The temple at Tirukkurungudi
is dedicated to Lord Nambi, called Sundara Paripurnam
in Sanskrit and Nambi Narayan in Hindi.
On the hills close by stands a small
temple dedicated to Lord Nambi called Malai Nambi
with a panoramic view of the village below. This hill
is called Nambi Malai (Nambi Hill).
lies west of Eruvadi. These photos are the
hills and the water tank of Tirukkurungudi.
1024 X 768
Photos open in a new window